Check out this article:
– The study authors used a longitudinal population study to see whether muscle grip strength can predict the chances of getting a range of diseases.
– 142,861 people across 17 high, medium, and low income countries were included in this study.
– The grip test could be useful in low income countries.
– Researches said their findings showed that muscle strength is a strong predictor of having a heart attack or stroke.
– The study suggests that people with low muscle strength may be at an increased risk of dying prematurely.
Side notes: Weight training will increase your grip strength and chances of living a longer, healthy life. It’s not about looking good at the beach, or flexing a ridiculously bronzed body on stage – it’s about keeping your cholesterol, blood and glucose levels in check; having energy to get through your day; independence; confidence; and ultimately freedom.