Fit for the Right Reasons

Embarking on a journey to better you is hard. Changing habits that you’ve had all of your life takes mental toughness, willpower, and consistency. Setting short and long term goals then working towards them leads to success; so long as these goals are realistic and can fit within your everyday lifestyle.

I’ve sat down with over 100 people to discuss their current habits and how to work towards living a healthier lifestyle. I would say 60% of people want to start working out for vanity reasons while the other 40% have to start exercising because their doctor told them it is absolutely vital to their health. We need some middle ground here people!

If you want to look like that huge ripped dude with a rippling 6 pack, or that girl with strong quads and buns of steel -sure it’s possible – but I can tell you now that those people have made nutrition and exercise their life, everything they do from the moment they wake up to when they go to sleep involves healthy, structured eating along with planned, consistent exercise. They plan and pack their meals and do not skip out on their workouts even if they are tired or have a million other things to do. They don’t find time for fitness; they make time (clearly some indiviuals have the added bonus of good genetics, but we can’t all be that lucky). To some this may be unrealistic, and that is okay.

This isn’t to say you can’t look the way you desire, I’m just not one to give false promises. I need to emphasize how much work and dedication gaining muscle and/or loosing fat takes. Today’s supplements and rip-off “ab machines” loves to give the general population false hope while taking their money. The truth is you must eat well, be active, and take it upon yourself to learn about your body.

I want to encourage your average Joe who works every day and has a family to take on healthy habits so he/she can live disease free with the unrestricted ability to participate in everyday activities, along with the confidence to hold their own during recreational sports or anything else that requires a degree of physical fitness.

If looking better is the motivation to get you started, use that. However there are endless reasons to improve your nutrition and get moving that has nothing to do with the way you look on the outside. In fact, most of the positive changes start inside your body – where it really counts.

 

 

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Fit for the Right Reasons

  1. kickboxing trainer guy August 20, 2014 / 8:54 pm

    Nice article about keeping it real to why you should work out and it being more than just having abs.

    Nice layout as well. Talk soon!

    • shape180 August 22, 2014 / 11:20 am

      Thanks! Too many people think exercise is for looks, but its much more than that.

      Thanks again 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s